Government & Municipal

McCormack Courthouse Commissioning

 

J.W. McCormack Courthouse and Post Office Building Commissioning

Built in 1931, the J.W. McCormack Post Office and Courthouse served its purpose for a long and productive period of time. However, a decision was made to convert it from its former use into modern offices that serve as the headquarters for the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 1.  Because it was the goal of the builders to make this federal building a model of energy efficiency and sustainable design, RDK’s Commissioning team focused their efforts on making sure the opportunities for energy savings were functioning at 100%.   Goody Clancy Architects incorporated sustainable design features that go above and beyond LEED standards, including improvements to the exterior envelope and upgrading the energy performance of the existing windows.

With the exception of the entryway, the original building was not altered.  The building system upgrades resolved operational deficiencies and incorporated sound principles of sustainable design.

 

      Key Features:

  • 600,000 Square Feet
  • Start-up and functional performance testing of key systems
  • Energy Conservation
  • Sustainable Design (LEED®  Gold rating)
  • Green Roof